New Members to the Board of Directors for Victim Services of York Region.
- Do you want the fulfilment of making a difference in your community by volunteering at a Board level?
- Do you have leadership and strategic thinking skills that could benefit a non-profit, charitable, community based organization?
- Do you have progressive work experience in 1 or more of the following areas:
- General Business Management
- Marketing; Advertising
- Human Resources
- Legal Affairs
- Emergency Services
- Fund Raising
- Mental Health & Wellness
Joining our volunteer Board of Directors at Victim Services of York Region may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Victim Services of York Region is a non-profit, charitable, community based organization working in partnership with York Regional Police and the Ontario Provincial Police, Aurora detachment, and York Region Fire Services. Its mandate is to meet the short-term needs of persons victimized by crime or tragic circumstance by providing emotional support, practical assistance, and referrals to community resources for continued support. Service delivery is based on the principle of empowerment and prevention through education and advocacy.
Victim Services of York Region Inc. is looking for new Board Membership to support the agency in meeting its mission and mandate through an established Board Governance Policy Model.
If interested in joining this dynamic group of committed volunteers please contact the Executive Director directly at (905) 474-3546 for further details, information and application package.
Board Member Role Description
To support Victim Services of York Region Inc. in meeting its mission and mandate through an established Governance Policy and Procedure Model.
- Resident of/ or Employed in York Region
- 21 Years of age or older
- Consented to a Security Clearance Investigation or Criminal Record Screening
- Provide at least 3 references
- Must attend a personal interview with the VSY Board screening panel
- Familiarity with and compliance with VSY Board Governance Policies
- Attend all required Board Meetings held the second Wednesday of every month except for July, August and December
- Participate in designated agency functions
- At least 2 years since any personal traumas
Ensure Legal and Ethical Integrity and Accountability
- Ensure adherence to legal standards and ethical norms (letters patent, bylaws, laws, policies, organizational values)
- Account to members, funders and community
Ensure Planning and Evaluation of Programs & Services
- Determine the organization's mission and values (vision, purpose, philosophy)
- Ensure effective organizational planning (strategic planning)
- Review and evaluate progress
- Respond to changes in organization and environment
Ensure Adequate Resources
- Ensure adequate resources
- Manage resources effectively
Employ and Ensure Accountability of the Executive Director
- Select the Executive Director
- Support the Executive Director
- Assess the Executive Director performance
Strengthen the board and enhance its Value
- Recruit and orient new board members
- Review and improve board structure and performance
© Victim Services of York Region 2007. All Rights Reserved.